1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
1 1 1
1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

Any recommendations for a glass guy?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bruce Jacobs

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Any recommendations for a glass guy? Reply with quote

After several failed attempts I give up. I simply can't spend any more time on this. I have spent I dunno how many hours in theSamba, watching videos, reading articles, etc. I've done virtually everything myself (except paint) but this one thing is driving me, well, I probably shouldn't even say how frustrating it is.

And yes, I've tried this, and tried that. It's good, new rubber from Wolfsburg West. I even managed to get the chrome inserts into the rubber but just can't get either the front or rear windshield into the car. The back is original VW glass, the front is aftermarket but I bought it from Joey a while back so I'm sure it's not that either.

The good news is that I haven't broken anything. The rubber is on the glass, and the chrome is in the rubber, and it looks pretty and all but isn't much help leaning against the wall in my garage! Mad

So what I'm looking for is a guy to come out and install the windshield (front and back) for me, preferably with some VW experience. Anyone have any recommendations?
Mountain Power House

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Expert Auto Glass in Gainesville. Tell Roger I referred you. He is cheap and just did the glass in my 911 for a very good price!

These things can be tough, but I have always been able to fit VW glass..
66 Bug -The Plague Returns!
73 VW Thing (Will I ever finish it?)
73 Superbeetle (Suby Power!)
76 Porsche 912E (X3!)
79 VW Iltis 4X4
Bruce Jacobs

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jake for the recommendation. Actually, I've gotten a couple of kind local offers (thanks all!) and will see if I can get it done locally. But I jotted down your recommendation as a standby, just in case.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AthensVWClub.com Forum Index -> Tech Talk All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: