1 1 1
1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

windshield update

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greg

1969 Volkswagen Beetle

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: windshield update Reply with quote

Jon wrote:
Greg's bus got a nice new fiberglass addition to stop some leakage and a new windshield gasket installed. There was NO breakage for which Greg was very grateful.

A little update on the windshield....during this recent monsoon I got in the bus with a flash light and started pinpointing where the water is coming in. The good news is that the windshield isn't the main culprit anymore. The bad news is that the turn signals are like tiny waterfalls Sad. Right before YUB I went through the turn signal setup and replaced the seals with good WW replacements. The type of seals I bought go between the body and the bucket and another seal goes between the bucket and the lens. (if that makes sense.) Any body have any thoughts on sealing up that area? May try rtc on the seal surfaces if nothing else coming to mind.

On the windshield, has anyone used a needle to inject silicon into an area to stop leaks?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AthensVWClub.com Forum Index -> Tech Talk All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: