1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
1 1 1
1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

Jimbear coming home...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AthensVWClub.com Forum Index -> General Chatter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimbear

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:55 am    Post subject: Jimbear coming home... Reply with quote

Hey now folks! Jimbear is coming home...with family, dog, and VW in tow! The wife was offered a position at UGA and she accepted. I am hoping to find a job by the time next school year starts (high school English teacher) and we are looking for a house to rent in Oconee County starting in June or July. On that note, if anyone has a line on a 3 bedroom rental, or one crosses your path, please let me know. The closer to Watkinsville the proper the better, or down the Barnett Shoals corridor coming out of W-ville.

I am definitely looking forward to being back in the scene and in with the club again. I am gunning for more camping the season that ever before. The bus is close to running, I'm chasing a bug that is proving very elusive. I am hoping to have it worked out and take a shakedown cruise to VT before turning south and driving the bus down over my spring break in a month ahead of the actual move.

I hope everyone is well and I look forward to see you all soon!
Mountain Power House

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet! make sure you tighten those lugnuts before the trip... ;-0
66 Bug -The Plague Returns!
73 VW Thing (Will I ever finish it?)
73 Superbeetle (Suby Power!)
76 Porsche 912E (X3!)
79 VW Iltis 4X4
Gabass

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

English teacher, you should come teach at North Oconee
Jon
Site Admin

1969 Volkswagen Type 3

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Jimbear, looking forward to seeing you again. I saw your post on Collin's site. I think we can get a couple guys together for a group visit.
69 Squareback
70 Fastback

63 Bug
jimbear

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:19 pm    Post subject: Group Visit Reply with quote

I like the group visit idea. We should be all settled by August.

Any intel on rentals in Oconee County would be appreciated.
jimbear

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:01 am    Post subject: What up folks? Reply with quote

We are back and living in North-East Watkinsville. We have a nice garage and driveway and I am looking forward to getting down to business with the bus.

I would be more than open to hosting a informal tech get together at my place some weekend if anyone is ever interested in tinkering, sharing brains, or providing an extra set of hands/eyes/ears. I have a thing for making BBQ chicken and drinking some beers, so we could all win. A group cruise around the area would be nice too.

FYI- I have an Itinerant Air Cooled visit with Colin scheduled for September 1 if anyone is interested in dropping by. Maybe he would be willing to do two days and we could split things up between a small group. A proper rear torsion adjustment is on the docket for that day if I am able to clear up other stuff before that at V-stock. Yes, I am willing to pay to get the messed up job I did at Volkstock several years ago done right.

It's nice to be back and I look forward to seeing ya'all...
Greg

1969 Volkswagen Beetle

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back to the land of rain and mosquitoes...I think it's a great idea to have Colin visit. I've heard great things about him from jon and others. I had toyed with the idea of paying for a day myself to help me tune the FI etc on my bus but never followed through.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AthensVWClub.com Forum Index -> General Chatter All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: