1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
1 1 1
1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

Engine pull party...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AthensVWClub.com Forum Index -> General Chatter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimbear

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:39 pm    Post subject: Engine pull party... Reply with quote

Upcoming at my place in Watkinsville. Hoping to get at least Hobus and Greg there. I'll buy some pizza and have some beer and pops. Work entailed on the day of: drop engine, pull heads. Get heads to Clyde to inspect, especially the valve guides (he does not know this yet and I do not know if he'll do it yet). Possible dates/times:
~This Sunday the 27th. Afternoon/Evening
~One evening next week (I'd prep the CV's and other bits and bobs ahead of time)
~Saturday March 4th. *This is likely the best day for me.

Jon and Greg, I'll be in touch soon.

The ultimate goal is to just get the #4 plug hole repaired and get it back up in the bus.

Jon, regarding pre-prep--I know the CV's have to come off from the transfer case. Would it be easier to take the exhaust system before pulling the engine. It seems to be it would be.

Also, anyone have a motorcycle jack I can borrow?
Jon
Site Admin

1969 Volkswagen Type 3

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Engine pull party... Reply with quote

jimbear wrote:
Upcoming at my place in Watkinsville. Hoping to get at least Hobus and Greg there. I'll buy some pizza and have some beer and pops. Work entailed on the day of: drop engine, pull heads. Get heads to Clyde to inspect, especially the valve guides (he does not know this yet and I do not know if he'll do it yet). Possible dates/times:
~This Sunday the 27th. Afternoon/Evening Works for me.
~One evening next week (I'd prep the CV's and other bits and bobs ahead of time)
~Saturday March 4th. *This is likely the best day for me. I'll be camping.

Jon and Greg, I'll be in touch soon.

The ultimate goal is to just get the #4 plug hole repaired and get it back up in the bus.

Jon, regarding pre-prep--I know the CV's have to come off from the transfer case. Would it be easier to take the exhaust system before pulling the engine. It seems to be it would be. It would be easier, yes.

Also, anyone have a motorcycle jack I can borrow? Yes, I do.

69 Squareback
70 Fastback

63 Bug
jimbear

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:00 pm    Post subject: Awesome... Reply with quote

Let's plan on Sunday. What time would be best? Let me know. I'll do what I can to have the CV's and exhaust off. Busy week though and I am gone Saturday and Sat night. Thanks and I'll touch base as we draw closer.
Jon
Site Admin

1969 Volkswagen Type 3

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any time after Noon o'clock.
69 Squareback
70 Fastback

63 Bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AthensVWClub.com Forum Index -> General Chatter All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: