1 1 1
1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

34pict 3 jets

View previous topic :: View next topic  
serprice

1974 Volkswagen Beetle

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:23 pm    Post subject: 34pict 3 jets Reply with quote

Whats up people? Does any body have any junked out 34 pict carbs I can rob or buy a few jets out of ? I got my hands on a 34 that has like new bushings and is fairly clean. I'm thinkin about building it and running it but its missing the air bleed jet(thats the tiny one behind the little plug next to the idle jet. It also has the wrong air correction. It has a 125 and I think its suppose to have about a 75 or 80. I think thats why they couldn't get it to work so they chunked it in a box. I'm guessin they didnt know there were little numbers on those things and someone must have robbed the bleed jet and put the plug back in. I'll bet that made for a hell of a drivability issue Laughing Thanks .
Clyde

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got main and idle jets, and reamers and gage pins for inspecting jets, but no air corrections or others. I didn't think anyone messed with those? Except with Webers or Dellortos. You're going to have to find another used carb to rob them out of. Either Jon or I have used carbs. I have a 75 air correction, but there was nothing behind the plug on my junk parts carb.

Clyde's Aircooled
(706) 206 6327
serprice

1974 Volkswagen Beetle

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I think someone may have robbed the jets at some point. Then later someone else tried to use it and stuck an air correction out of 30-3 or an h30 not realizing it was a different size. That person probably never pulled the plug to see if there was a jet in there. Anyway I thought if I could scrape up a few jets maybe I can make a functional carb out of it. Either that or I'll find out why it became a doner carb to start with. Seems like a harmless project Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AthensVWClub.com Forum Index -> Tech Talk All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: