1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
1 1 1
1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

BFY Obsolete? I'll tell you what's obsolete!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AthensVWClub.com Forum Index -> General Chatter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
71_georgia_beetle

1974 Volkswagen Westfalia

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 12:13 am    Post subject: BFY Obsolete? I'll tell you what's obsolete! Reply with quote

Customer service, that's what is obsolete. I hate to slam a company and most of the time I just shake my head at bad service but DAMN!. April 10 I placed an order with the BFY Obsolete.com, 18 parts at $115.30. Mostly cosmetic stuff but a few need now mechanicals. 10 days go by and my account status has not changed. I shot them a note inquiring about the order. I received an email back from Darren Dudley that stated "You should have them any time". Another 7 days go by and I received a package, a small and light package. Light by 10 parts. In the partial package was a hand written slip that contained what items were missing. It stopped after 3 parts. I immediately picked up the phone and contacted them. If I'm lying, I'm dying. The person on the phone told me "well maybe he got tired of writing, the rest of your parts will be a few days behind this partial shipment". Unconventional but I have parts coming.............so I thought. For those keeping track at home we are now on day 17. I forgot to add that one of the parts in the order was wrong, ordered a RH tail light received a LH, shipped back at my expense and so on and so on. Another ten days go by and nothing. I emailed again inquiring about the remaining parts and the returned tail lens. "Hello Scott, Yes, we did get your return, and we did send the back ordered items off to you. You should have them any time. Sincerely, Darren @ BFY" That was received 10 days ago. We are now on day thirty something. One month and one week. No parts, no info, no tracking number, nothing, nada, zilch..............
So now I'm going to have to use my charge back rights with the credit card company and blah, blah, blah. OH wait! here is the really cool part, my account, the one at BFY Obsolete.com, the one that has had my password locked in my browser since day 1...........gone. No problem I'll use the recover password.......nope "email not valid". OK wise ass I still have the email with the click here to sign in when I signed up.........well the joke is on me, my account has been deleted. I have all these emails that say I have an account but all of the sudden......................flat line, fail to exist.

(steps off soapbox) Thanks Scott
Call me if I need you!
tito

1959 Volkswagen Beetle

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh wow. im thinking a road trip to the headquarters is necessary. all of this over $115? lets go up there and see what up. wonder how theyd react if we had a poker run up to their house? 40 something angry bugs, now there is something to behold.

sorry bud!
73 std Bubba
1600 cc
all stock baby

Last edited by tito on Thu May 15, 2008 7:22 am; edited 1 time in total
71_georgia_beetle

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1460 N Glassell St., Orange, CA 92867. That's one hell of a road trip. Actually I could have driven to there brick and mortar location and picked them up.
Call me if I need you!
Joe

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That Sux.

I order most of my parts from Larry's off road and have the parts at my door in 2 to 3 days. They sell more then off road parts. Some of the prices are a bit higher than some but for the customer service and the timely manor I get my order it is worth it to me.
72 Bus
68 Single Cab
Tronview
Site Admin

1963 Volkswagen Beetle

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a wolfsburgwest.com fan. Knowledgeable Staff, good selection, fast shipping, and a super easy website. The biggest problems these days is that more and more companies are forgetting what customer service is all about and there are just too many lazy people out there that want even do their job right yet go the extra step to promote good service.

Duct tape is like 'The Force.' It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together.

Last edited by Tronview on Fri May 16, 2008 10:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Clyde

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want great customer service, email Athens German Aircooled Parts! If I don't have it in stock, I'll tell you to call Dave at Sundance Bug and Buggy in Plant City, Fl. (813) 752-4207

Clyde's Aircooled
(706) 206 6327
Johnny

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn Scott--that sux a big fat one...Unfortunatly there are alot of places getting like that--they want your money first then they take their sweet time sending out your order--if at all Confused......I know how you feel-Sorry Dude......But,you know what-I thought my rubber band got wound tight from time to time,but,your right there beside me..... Laughing
71_georgia_beetle

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnny wrote:
But,you know what-I thought my rubber band got wound tight from time to time,but,your right there beside me..... Laughing

I'm not that old and even I can remember when companies cared about their reputation. Brand loyalty, word of mouth advertising and consumer attention have gone out the window. With the age of internet you are just another (Cust ID#446-244) customer number and if you don't like it..............well, there is a line of numb nuts behind you waiting to get in. When I was like 8 or 9 I ordered my first RC plane from Tasco by way of an ad in the back of one of my grandfathers RC Plane magazines. When the kit arrived there were a few pieces of the balsa broken in shipping. My grandfather called the company for me and it was a "stop the press" moment. They immediately shipped out a new kit along with a return tag and a bottle of CA (super glue) just to say sorry. You know why? Not unlike our VW club, we are a close nit and in the realm of things, small, enthusiast group and word travels fast. They cared what people thought. Long go the days of customer service. I do my damn best to satisfy all my clients. Otherwise I wouldn't be in business.
Call me if I need you!
71_georgia_beetle

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today is day 41 and I received a package. A very small and light package. One billet sump cover and a F U note that stated the remaining items would not be shipped and they would issue a refund. What about my tail light that I sent back? "Well, uh, the guy that handles returns is on vacation and won't be back for a week. I'll have to talk to him."

What a joke this company is. Please keep them in mind when you need a good screwing.
Call me if I need you!
71_georgia_beetle

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Day 72 and I have my refund! Awesome customer service they have, got me a refund in less than a year.

Worthless :evil:
Call me if I need you!
serprice

1974 Volkswagen Beetle

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think customer service will become something we will tell our grandkids about. " In my day people smiled and wanted you to be happy with there sevice and if there was a problem they would do anything to make you happy" Most places I go the customer service is either shity or non existent .I almost expect it. Isn't that sad?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AthensVWClub.com Forum Index -> General Chatter All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: