1 1 1
1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

Haunted Type II or not?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
71_georgia_beetle

1974 Volkswagen Westfalia

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:59 pm    Post subject: Haunted Type II or not? Reply with quote

I took the family out to eat in the Westy tonight and when we got home I turned the key and removed it. The problem it that the VW continued to run as if I had done nothing. After fiddling with the ignition for a bit I stalled it to kill it. The only problem is that all the acc items (lights, fuel pump, etc.) are still on. I remembered that on the way home I was goofing with what I thought was the console lights dimmer. Basically turning the head light switch left and right, ending up all the way to the right. Now, as I rotated it back to the left out of a notched position all the acc went off. I fire the bus back up, cut it off and all was well. To test my theory I rotated the light switch know right, into that notched position, fired up the bus, pulled the lights on, turned the key off, removed the key with the engine still running. I can kill the bus by either turning off the lights or rotating the knob back to the left. WTF?

Was this some sort of Westy camping feature or some fucked up PO work?
Call me if I need you!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AthensVWClub.com Forum Index -> Tech Talk All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: