1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
1 1 1
1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

Engine on local Craigslist for $150....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AthensVWClub.com Forum Index -> General Chatter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mopel1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:09 pm    Post subject: Engine on local Craigslist for $150.... Reply with quote

Howdy,
Just saw this ad on Craigslist:

engine was running when removed 2 yrears ago complete wirh trans call 7062155487
$150.00

Called the guy and asked about it. Said that everything looked good on the engine. Has been stored inside since being pulled from the car. Said the only thing he knew that was wrong with it was that the linkage to the "carbs" was a little sticky. I immediately jumped in my car and went to see it firsthand. Could it be a dual carb engine for $150?

Well, the linkage to the "carb", aka throttle linkage was a little sticky. I assume it was because the massive fire the engine went through. I said, "do you see that pile of muck on the manifold? That used to be the ignition coil. The tin has rust barnacles on it and the engine was completely frozen.

He mentioned that he's had a lot of calls locally on it, but hasn't called anyone back yet. So, unless you want a $150 boat anchor (he's got a beater boat for sale @$1000 also), don't bother. Honest guy, just didn't know a thing about the engine or VW's.

Man, and I was so psyched up too. Actually, he's right around the corner from Tito (Trade St.), maybe he'd be interested in buying it and have the club rebuild for him. j/k.

'64 T34 Ghia, '66 Beetle, '69 Westy, '73 Thing,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AthensVWClub.com Forum Index -> General Chatter All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: