1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
1 1 1
1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

Considering selling the HiTop

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AthensVWClub.com Forum Index -> General Chatter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tanner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:42 am    Post subject: Considering selling the HiTop Reply with quote

I don't see me getting around to restoring this camper anytime soon. After I get the fire truck project up and running, I want to give my '67 some much needed TLC. The HiTop's been parked and tarped behind my shop for the last few years.

I believe it's possibly one of only a few made in that year and configuration. It's a 1978 Chamagne Edition Adventurewagen. It has the brown dash and interior pieces and the reddish-orange corduroy type seats. When I found it in August of 2003, it had sat under a tree since 1991 and was covered in lichen and moss. I bought it to save it and intended to restore it. I have had it running and drove it to Joe's for an over-night campout, but it's been parked and mostly covered since then.

It does need quite a bit of work. It needs a paint job and there are some rust spots, the worst being the the bottoms of the front doors, left-side rocker panel and right rear quarter panel. The front seats split from dry rot and the curtains have some splits in them too. The front windshield is cracked and it's missing the rear bumper. There is a small amount of water damage to a shelf just as you open the sliding door but it is very repairable. The interior is in remakably great shape considering how long it's sat. Parts of the wood cabinetry is teak and Koi. The slide-out bunk is perfect and the floor has NO splits ot tears. It's like stepping into a time machine!

This camper is complete - minus the rear bumper (and it's been converted from fuel injection to carburator). I'd like to see someone bring it back to it's original condition, I just don't have the time or resources right now. Like I said, it may be the only one like it in exsistence if you want to research it. You can see pictures of it in the ATVW gallery under "Wolfy". I am looking to see if anyone's interested or if you have more information on the company that made it or the amount that were built, or whether I should hang onto it. Again, just considering...
jimbear

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:08 pm    Post subject: interested Reply with quote

I'd be interested. Let me know...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AthensVWClub.com Forum Index -> General Chatter All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: