1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
1 1 1
1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

Clyde saves the day

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AthensVWClub.com Forum Index -> Shows and Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cave Man

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:12 am    Post subject: Clyde saves the day Reply with quote

You saved me with the bushing. Thanks for the help out with that.

Had the Generator go out on my car Sat morning. Got an Alternator from Taylor Quick Sat afternon and installed it that night at the hotel. It didnt have the bushing behind the pulley. So on Sunday after looking at every vender twice with no luck. Clyde had a new Alt and took off that spacer to let me put on mine and is going to replace his. This ment that he couldnt sell that unit. So a big thank you for giving up the chance for the revenue to help me out.

Thank You
Cave
Clyde

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem! I saw you take your test run up pit row as I was heading home. Can't wait to get a closer look at your engine at Jake's. And actually have freedom to talk (man that was a busy show).

I made two new sleeves and when I tried them, they were for the wrong end- each end of the alt. has a different sleeve! So I made two for the other end, and now I can sell the alt. kit again, and I have an extra set, just in case...

Clyde's Aircooled
(706) 206 6327
Cave Man

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got to be at training the week after the tech weekend at Jakes. Im gonns try to get up that way on Sunday early enough to see if Jake cant get in a pull or two on it. I went back to the dells and it is running like a champ. I will try and get the 44s back on it and tune them in some more. Im looking for 100 at the wheels Confused but ant sure it can happen.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AthensVWClub.com Forum Index -> Shows and Events All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: