1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
1 1 1
1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

I'm back in the game baby!! New Projects!1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AthensVWClub.com Forum Index -> Current Projects
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mopel1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:47 am    Post subject: I'm back in the game baby!! New Projects!1 Reply with quote

First off, I'm glad my wife has decided to postpone our Texas "vacation" this week. Yeah! I get to go to Joey's on Sunday!!

Here's the latest on the project end:
1964 T34 Ghia: Got a set of NOS foglight lenses!! Now I'm only missing a rear seat and a few minor odds and ends. I'm hoping to get new floor pans and new 1/4's in before Christmas.

New this week:
1943 Allis Chalmers Model C tractor: Christina found it on Craigslist in Danielsville. Had to have it. 100% there, just gotta go through everything. Worst case scenario is that it will be a great piece of yard art that my friends' kids can climb on.

1963 Ragtop Beetle: Joey gave me a great deal on this one. My first rag!!

1974 Std. Beetle: Found it in town. Told that the girl who owned it stop driving it because of an engine fire. Luckily, her father is a VW man and has owned the car since '77. Minor paint blistering on the decklid, but pops fixed the wiring and put in a new carb and fuel lines for his daughter. She drove it for awhile afterwards but ended up getting a new Rabbit upon graduating from UGA. Going this morning to get a new battery and see it it'll start. $300

'64 T34 Ghia, '66 Beetle, '69 Westy, '73 Thing,
Mountain Power House

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you need any help with the Allis Chalmers, let me know.. I rebuilt one of those engines in a Model C when I was 11... Its simple, but the valve train is kind of odd.. Does yours have a Magneto or a coil?

I am looking for an old farmall myself, something really big like an "M"...
66 Bug -The Plague Returns!
73 VW Thing (Will I ever finish it?)
73 Superbeetle (Suby Power!)
76 Porsche 912E (X3!)
79 VW Iltis 4X4
Greg

1969 Volkswagen Beetle

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, those old tractors are pretty simple to woek on. I owned an AC C till I had to sell it to raise funds to get the bug out Sad
mopel1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jake, I'll drop it by your shop this week!! Just kidding. It has the magneto. The guy I bought it from says that the engine turned over last year when he got it, but he left it out and it's locked down now. I'm questioning this though. The manifold is completely rusted out (i.e. rain down the muffler). I sprayed liquid wrench into the spark plug holes. Any other suggestions? Seems like a pretty simple engine and parts are still readily available.

'64 T34 Ghia, '66 Beetle, '69 Westy, '73 Thing,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AthensVWClub.com Forum Index -> Current Projects All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: