1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
1 1 1
1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

painting my ghia AGAIN

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AthensVWClub.com Forum Index -> General Chatter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
modified 72 ghia

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:22 pm    Post subject: painting my ghia AGAIN Reply with quote

This is a funny story now, but not so funny when it happened. My wife, bless her soul, decide to paint the rails around our deck 2 weeks ago. She had bought one of those wngner power painters (more like paint slingers). She was so pround of the rails. They were so white and pretty. HOWEVER, my ghia was sitting just outside my shop because I have the racecar in the shop. This was about 5 feet from the rails that she was painting. Yep, I had a nice splatering of glidden white paint all over the drivers side of the ghia. SO, this morning we repainted the ghia again. Took a little bit of sanding to get all the white paint off the car. It turned out looking pretty good but I told her the next time she gets a wild hair to paint, to please move ALL cars out of the drive way. It was a good excuse to repaint my car thought.
I told her it was all her fault so she did not fuse when I gave her the bill for the paint. (hope she dont read this)

see ya'll soon
Mountain Power House

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, how did it look after you sprayed it with the Wagner?

Should have tried that new roll on paint procedure, it probably would have been slicker.
66 Bug -The Plague Returns!
73 VW Thing (Will I ever finish it?)
73 Superbeetle (Suby Power!)
76 Porsche 912E (X3!)
79 VW Iltis 4X4
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AthensVWClub.com Forum Index -> General Chatter All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: