1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
1 1 1
1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

Greetings from RI...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AthensVWClub.com Forum Index -> General Chatter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimbear

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:52 pm    Post subject: Greetings from RI... Reply with quote

Hey there folks. I was cruising the site and got all sentimental for the short time I was able to spend with ya'all. We are settled in up here near Providence, RI and all is well. The bus has a two car garage all to itself and is currently...well, waiting. I got it up here safe and sound behind a U-Haul and have since parked it and started on the slow revive road to spring. I have assessed the engine with an expert and we determined that I am good to go for the time being. The bus is off the road for the winter and I am getting a stock dizzy and some other stock air intake components together. Sticking with the stock. I have had a full on tutorial on the dual Solex and feel like I have some chops now. I am planning on having the carbs rebuilt by the fella in GA soon and will be getting new tires, shocks, and brakes on these off months as well. I pulled the rear window to address some rust issues and will do the same with the windsheild soon.

I hope all is well with you folks and GA is warmer that we are here.

Have fun at the X-mas parade!
scott

1968 Volkswagen Beetle

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Jim , it was great hangin with you also. Good luck in RI and please keep in touch. My bug is off the road till spring also . It is all apart well cept for engine and tranny so no x-mas parade this yr for me. Take care. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AthensVWClub.com Forum Index -> General Chatter All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: