1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
1 1 1
1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

NuTech Refinishing good for blasting needs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AthensVWClub.com Forum Index -> General Chatter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bruce Jacobs

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:26 am    Post subject: NuTech Refinishing good for blasting needs Reply with quote

Hey All,

I persist. Been working on the body for the better part of three years. Hoping to have it in paint by the end of June.

In the meantime, thought I'd share this: I've been taking most of my body parts (the car's parts, that is!) to NuTech up near Jefferson (770)480-6763 or (770)367-8107 for blasting. I didn't do the whole body (probably should have) but mainly doors, fenders, deck lid, etc.. They have done either soda or Starblast, depending on what was needed.

They're about 15-20 minutes outside of Athens on Hwy 129, before you get to I-85. Their shop isn't fancy, but both Lannie and Jerry do great work, on time, at (or lower than) the price quoted.

Anyhow, just wanted to pass this along!

Bruce
scott

1968 Volkswagen Beetle

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

What do they charge for deck lid and hood
Bruce Jacobs

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really, I can't remember. At various times, I've had the deck lid, one door, and six fenders done. (I know. Car has only four fenders. Actually, I'm up to 12 and counting!) With some pieces they've used Starblast, soda on others -- depending on whether he was worried about warping. Starblast is cheaper. I had one pair of fenders done and it was like $30 bucks for both. On the other hand, my driver's door (contender #3) was done with soda, $98. He used soda on the deck lid but I can't recall how much that cost. He also took the time to instruct me on the proper post-soda HoldTight treatment.

Given the hours and hours I spent chemical stripping, scraping, wire-brushing, etc my hood, I figure it's well worth it.

Their shop looks like a hole-in-the-wall, but I've found them to be prompt, honest, and straight-forward.
Bruce Jacobs

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By dint of sheer coincidence, I was rummaging around in my Subaru yesterday looking for a receipt for something unrelated. I never did find it, but I did find -- lo and behold -- the receipt for having my deck lid blasted. He used soda on it, and it was $68. It had just a little bit of bondo on it, but no rust. It's now back on the car, in primer, and looking good. Took a little bit of hammer and dolly work, and a little bit of high-quality filler. Not perfect, but I'm pleased with it. Hoping to have the whole car ready for paint in the next couple of months!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AthensVWClub.com Forum Index -> General Chatter All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: