1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
1 1 1
1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

YU Buggin @ Atlanta Motor Speedway August 13-14
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AthensVWClub.com Forum Index -> Shows and Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jon
Site Admin

1969 Volkswagen Type 3

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW! What a trip. The drive over to Hampton was not great- rush hour on 138 in Conyers and my battery dies, so does the engine. Middle lane, cars everywhere, luckily Clyde was right behind me in his van. I had my trusty jump box with me and made it off the road. Clyde and Little J head to AutoZone for a new battery and Steve gets a chocolate shake at BK. New battery and away we go.

Friday nite is a wash out. Crying or Very sad

Saturday was GREAT. No rain during the show and we got to drive on the AMS NASCAR track. It was more fun than I imagined it would be. The first turn we came to Lil J says "wow this is steep!" He wasn't kidding. For pics and videos from Saturday go here--}

http://georgiadubs.forumotion.net/events-f3/y-u-bugg-n-weekend-2010-t2240-150.htm

A BIG thanks to Jim and Joe
who took the long way home so they could follow me in case I had more charging/driving problems. I didn't have those problems, but the monsoon we were driving in provided several near miss opportunities. Shocked
I was worn-out by the time we got home.
69 Squareback
70 Fastback

63 Bug
Clyde

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry I missed the track time. The videos and pics look like it was awesome!

Clyde's Aircooled
(706) 206 6327
Joe

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem, thats what friends do.

Wish I would had the camera ready for your dirt track racin slide Razz
72 Bus
68 Single Cab
Ruptured Duck

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My son and I had a great time... First long trip test for the bug... 2hours down and 2 hours back... 75mph down 400/85 with no issues.

That is until 20 miles from home when we lost a front wheel bearing. Nothing like feeling the front wheel drop doing 70plus up 400. Got it off to the side of the road and found that all the outer bearing rollers were welded together. Limped off 400 and tried to repair but could not get the inner part of the bearing off the spindle. Had to break down and pay $80 buck for a tow home....

Don't know what happened to the bearing. Maybe it was bad from the start. We replaced them during the build and thought they were packed good??? Darn $10 part ended an otherwise great day....

My son was happy to see that his Bug looked pretty good in the show. I think it gave him a lot of pride for his ride.

Sorry we did not meet more of you guys. Sense we have never seen anyone in person it's hard to know who was who???
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AthensVWClub.com Forum Index -> Shows and Events All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: