1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
1 1 1
1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

Campgrounds near Hiawassee

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AthensVWClub.com Forum Index -> General Chatter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jon
Site Admin

1969 Volkswagen Type 3

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:29 pm    Post subject: Campgrounds near Hiawassee Reply with quote

Does anybody know of any campgrounds near Hiawassee that they would recommend? They need to have tent camping, not just RVs. Thanks.
69 Squareback
70 Fastback

63 Bug
Attorney Isaiah Loophole

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoyed Enota last time. Tent camping was nice and shady and on the creek.

Edit
Here is the website http://www.enota.com/ It's about 15 minutes outside of Hiawassee
Jon
Site Admin

1969 Volkswagen Type 3

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Bryce. I saw their website, but it is hard to know anything about a place just from a website; personal recommendations help.

Most of the campgrounds I have found cater to RVs and not tent camping. And when did a tent campsite get to be so expensive? Rolling Eyes
69 Squareback
70 Fastback

63 Bug
KleineVW

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enota is nice. Stayed their with the family several times. It is expensive for a tent site, but it has nice sites, decent bathroom with showers, as is a nice drive. It has a few little oddities like a fairy painted on the entrance sign, but all in all is nice. Especially good if family or kids tag along. I have the good camp site #'s written down from past trips if anyone wants to know, and i would recommend reserving in advance. There are some some more "rural" campgrounds we've enjoyed too, Lake Winfeild Scott recreation area has some nice sites and has a lake to fish/swim in, along with bathrooms, its outside Suches. Also their are some really nice secluded campgrounds along the Tallulah river and outside of Clayton but they're on gravel roads and I don't know how happy they will make everyones ride! Also these just have latrines. These other alternatives are MUCH cheaper than Enota.

Kris
Jon
Site Admin

1969 Volkswagen Type 3

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I reserved Sunday and Monday nights after the Kubel Treffen at Enota. It looks good on the website and with two real people recommendations I figured it was the place to camp. Thanks.

For the record, if I'm camping, I'm in my Thing or my Westy and gravel roads are NO problem. Very Happy
69 Squareback
70 Fastback

63 Bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AthensVWClub.com Forum Index -> General Chatter All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: