1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
1 1 1
1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

Booster heating fan

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KleineVW

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:52 pm    Post subject: Booster heating fan Reply with quote

There is a post on the GA Dubs site that has me thinking about the heat booster fan that needs to be installed in my westy. The answer has been elusive in my online search so I figured who better to ask then the expert panel of Athens VW club. The commentary on Ga dubs goes something like if you don't have the booster fan installed the engine will run hotter. My understanding is the booster fan blows extra heat through the heating system at idle and when the lever is pulled down. If this is the case if the fan is off how does it help keep the engine cooler? Certainly I can understand if the heat exchange intake ports coming back into the engine compartment via the tin are not blocked off you get exhaust back flowing into the engine compartment and that would increase the engine temp. But having a booster fan that's not on versus no booster at all should make no difference in the engines temp as long as the engine compartment tin is sealed. Right?
Greg

1969 Volkswagen Beetle

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From my understanding you are correct. Having the fan on or off doesn't affect the engine at all.

One disclaimer, all hoses and tubes need to be connected. If the hoses aren't connected to the fan, you'll lose cooling air.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AthensVWClub.com Forum Index -> Tech Talk All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: