1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
1 1 1
1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

BugJam?!?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AthensVWClub.com Forum Index -> Shows and Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mopel1

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:18 am    Post subject: BugJam?!? Reply with quote

Let's hear some stories!!! Jon? Clyde? Joey? Whoever else went. Did Joey win any awards for his new toy? Any great finds? Give us the lowdown. And, as always, GO DAWGS!!

'64 T34 Ghia, '66 Beetle, '69 Westy, '73 Thing,
Jon
Site Admin

1969 Volkswagen Type 3

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve, Pete, Mike (from W GA), and I went down on Friday. Pete drove his 66 Squareback down and back with no problems.

Friday nite party was a blast as usual. There were several Athens area folks there. Joey, Brad, Brian, The Denton's crew, and the four in our group.

Saturday was the Bulli Brigade. For those who don't know, this is a show for pre-67 buses. There were many buses in all sorts of conditions. The swap meet here was very good. I picked up a trailer hitch for my westy and of course Pete found some type 3 parts. (he already had 200 of the parts he bought, but you can always use one more :wink: ) This year's Bulli was held in a park in St Pete. It was a GREAT location; big tall Live Oaks and lots of grassy areas. Cool

Saturday nite was the 'hotel' party. This may be the best event of the weekend. Beer, music, burn outs (cars, not people), and seeing people we hadn't seen since last year. There are some videos on YouTube from this party. Cool

Oh yeah, before we went out to the party we put on our black shirts and watched the Bulldawgs kick some Auburn butt. Twisted Evil There was some worry the hotel would throw us out as loud as we were yelling during the game. Laughing

Sunday was Bug Jam. There were many new cars this year. I saw quite a few of them, but most of my time was spent in the swap meet. While I did manage to spend some money, I didn't find any treasures. The weather was perfect all weekend and we left for home around 3:00pm.

For more details be at Loco's tommorrow at 3:00pm.

Mark,are you going to have 2 VWs running by Dec. or should I get out my steel toed boots? (see Mark's signature Twisted Evil )
69 Squareback
70 Fastback

63 Bug
mopel1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well,
Why don't you put on a pair of Chuck's instead of steel toes. I should have at least one ride. Joey's suppose to have my '66 back before the Christmas parade. There's an outside chance that I could have Christina's Thing going, just need to swap out the engine. We'll see. I'm hoping to make it to Loco's today, but I probably won't get there until 3:30 or 4:00.

'64 T34 Ghia, '66 Beetle, '69 Westy, '73 Thing,
TRUEDub_Chick

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bug Jam was awesome! One of the best years yet. A group went down together, I believe there were 20 or so of us, rollin 9 deep in the vws. And out of the 8, 5 brought home trophies on Sunday. 2 of us won top 20 for day of show, 1 one with his 63 rag with a judson super charger, and Bryan and I won in our class we had 2nd and 3rd. So we did pretty well for ourselves.

Missing in the pictures:we were missing David's bus(already on it's way back home), Joey's Ghia(stayed at the beach instead of going crusin, bryan's squareback( had to go back to the house), The 51 split bug was out and about with the other 65 bug that was rollin with us. Joey's website has all the pics. The only one we were missing was Brad's slowval!
Sapp67

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ashley,
Those pictures are cool! The Vdubs look at home under the large trees! Brad and Joey said that y'all had a great time at the beach houses. I had a buddy that used to live on the next island down on Holmes Beach. That is such a laid back area of Florida.

Bug Jam week just keeps getting better year after year and the Dawgs keep beatin' Auburn year after year which adds to the excitement.

One of these years, I'll have a car down for the festivities.

67 Beetle (stripped)
67 Beetle
63 Beetle
TRUEDub_Chick

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sapp67 wrote:
Ashley,
Those pictures are cool! The Vdubs look at home under the large trees! Brad and Joey said that y'all had a great time at the beach houses. I had a buddy that used to live on the next island down on Holmes Beach. That is such a laid back area of Florida.

Bug Jam week just keeps getting better year after year and the Dawgs keep beatin' Auburn year after year which adds to the excitement.

One of these years, I'll have a car down for the festivities.

We accually stayed right on Holmes Beach!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AthensVWClub.com Forum Index -> Shows and Events All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: