1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
1 1 1
1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AthensVWClub.com Forum Index -> General Chatter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jon
Site Admin

1969 Volkswagen Type 3

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:13 pm    Post subject: HAPPY THANKSGIVING Reply with quote

Happy Thanksgiving. I hope everyone has a happy and safe Thanksgiving!

I am thankful for all of you, my VW family. Very Happy

Eat well and take a long nap. :wink:
69 Squareback
70 Fastback

63 Bug
Joe

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a Happy Thanksgiving.

You to Jon Laughing
72 Bus
68 Single Cab
Jon
Site Admin

1969 Volkswagen Type 3

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is an email that I got from David about Thanksgiving in Italy. Enjoy...Happy Thanksgiving from Italy:
As you know Thanksgiving is pretty much an American holiday.Dee is still a kid at heart so Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter are celebrated with enthusiasm,whether I'm into it or not.Yesterday I was sent on a mission."After you take Coral to school,don't come home with out a turkey."
Italians eat turkey,but they rarely buy an entire one.At the local market they have legs and thighs,but finding one intact is like finding a Hummer in traffic around here .So I went to the local butcher shop and once again,in my limited Italian(which IS getting better thanks to Alfredo) I was able to make the guy behind the counter understand that I wanted the complete bird.At that point,I'm not sure, but I think he asked me if I wanted it alive..Like I wanted to make a pet out of the damn thing...Anyway, he disappeared and a few minutes later he came out of the back room with about a thirty five pounder ! Now if you ever want to have a good laugh,hop on your bike with thirty-five pounds of anything in a bag slung to your handle bars and try to ride across town.It's like that turkey had a mind of it's own.
Once I got home ,panic set in....That bugger JUST fit into the oven....
So..Thanksgiving is alive and well here in Italy.Dee is in the kitchen,as we speak,happy as a clam,preparing my biking buddy for a hot time.And I'm on my second mimosa, and being thankful that I'm not a turkey..Of course ,I guess that depends on who you ask..We're having my American buddy Brad, and his Italian wife Valentina over and a few other friends so I won't be eating turkey left-overs for the rest of my life..(I hope)...........Have a good one..
Ciao for now
D.L.
69 Squareback
70 Fastback

63 Bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AthensVWClub.com Forum Index -> General Chatter All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: