1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
1 1 1
1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

The Autobahn Society. Braselton, GA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AthensVWClub.com Forum Index -> General Chatter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VW Maverick

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:26 pm    Post subject: The Autobahn Society. Braselton, GA Reply with quote

I wanted to remind or inform members about a VW shop in Braselton that can do pretty much anything. They specialize in Vanagon conversions from the unreliable water-boxer engine to a 1.8L or 2.0L Digifant VW engine that gives more power, much more reliable and much easier to work on. They work on most air and water cooled VWs. They also have good access to new and used parts.

Check their website: http://theautobahnsociety.com/ for info, location and contact info.

Tell them Brian sent you.

Later.
buggybus

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are a rip off. I paid $1800.00 for an engine rebuild for my air-cooled vanagan. After many phone called trying to get the vanagan back. It lasted 6 weeks, and I do not abuse my VW's, it broke down. With the help of a guy that has been working on VW's for over 40 years we broke the engine down. Found out that they had never even broken the case in the rebuild that they did. All they did was take the chunks of piston the head that was bouncing around in there out and replaced the heads. They even left the pistons with big chunks taken out of them in. So I ended up paying $1800.00 for new heads. Anyone that goes there beware. You will be taken to the cleaners.
VW Maverick

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We apologize for any perceived problems.
We charge a heck of alot more than $1800.00 for this rebuild and we tried to help this customer out in their time of need. Although that was over 5 years ago, the facts presented are far from the truth.
Everybody knows that we have never had to resort to thievery to make our living. We have been in business over 18 years and there is never an idle moment in the VW repair and restoration business. If given the opportunity, we will prove it to you.
However, we want everyone to know about Knox, our wunderkind new tech. He is here to keep any and all Type 1 vehicles on the road and running their best.

Have a nice day.

P.S. As many times as we have seen this customer at shows and other places, they have never professed their pent up hostilities to us.
Still can't help but love her. Very Happy
*92 Jetta GTX- Semi Flat Black - 2.0 ABA power plant. 5-speed conversion, Recaros, XM Satellite Radio, APEX suspension, BBS wheels, 3 VDOs in console, 220 KPH Euro cluster, TPMS, rear disc conversion w/A4 calipers, rear Neuspeed 4 point bar.
buggybus

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I have said something to Steve. That is why at shows when I'm seen he disappears. I'm sure he has other reasons, per say, for these disappearances, but when I look up he's gone. Happens everytime. strange!!
Clyde

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does Knox still work there? He borrowed my tow bar a few months back, and was supposed to return it the next week.

Clyde's Aircooled
(706) 206 6327
Jon
Site Admin

1969 Volkswagen Type 3

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I past Knox on the road a couple of weeks ago and he called my cell to ask if I could follow him to the shop to get your tow bar. Laughing Rolling Eyes I told him it wasn't in my plans. He said he'd get it too you soon. Shocked

I hope you aren't holding your breath. Twisted Evil
69 Squareback
70 Fastback

63 Bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AthensVWClub.com Forum Index -> General Chatter All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: