1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
1 1 1
1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

Hey folks...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AthensVWClub.com Forum Index -> General Chatter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimbear

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:49 am    Post subject: Hey folks... Reply with quote

First off, I am sort of celebrating the first anniversary of getting the bus (yahoo!), number four in the lineage and currently the only one I have. It ran great for the first 3,000 miles I put on it until I tried to tune it in December. I did not know which marks on the flywheel to line up with and I did not realize that the position of the flywheel needed to change dramatically when with the use of an 009 dizzy. So, it is outside and has been too cold for me to fix my error. I am hoping to get out there this weekend and get it going.

Second, I wish that I had the time to be more active with both driving the bus in general and hanging out with the AVW Club! The school year has been crazy and all encompassing, expecially with opening the new high school here in Jackson County. But, I have resolved to be more apart of the local scene and will put my best effort forth to meet up with you when next you get together...
Jon
Site Admin

1969 Volkswagen Type 3

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's good to know you are still around. I see your bus on TheSamba. I hope you find another before you sell that one.
69 Squareback
70 Fastback

63 Bug
jimbear

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:29 pm    Post subject: hey Reply with quote

I am still around. I am torn between selling that one and getting another with apop-top or just cutting a hole in this one and putting a pop-top in it. I am inclined to keep this original being that I believe in OG and think this van would hold its value better without the hole. Anyhow, I would need to sell this oen prior to getting another as I do not have the extra cash to have two at once... See ya soon!
Jon
Site Admin

1969 Volkswagen Type 3

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before you cut a hole in yours, look at the thread on TheSamba about that. VW used sunroof buses for putting pop-tops on. (until 74) They are reinforced and are flatter. Best find a nice pop-top to replace yours.

I understand about needing to sell one to buy another. I missed a nice 74 due to that same need. Sad
69 Squareback
70 Fastback

63 Bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AthensVWClub.com Forum Index -> General Chatter All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: