1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
1 1 1
1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

I've angered the Gods of the Samba and Craigslist!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AthensVWClub.com Forum Index -> General Chatter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mopel1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:26 pm    Post subject: I've angered the Gods of the Samba and Craigslist!!! Reply with quote

I put a few of my vehicles up on the Samba and Craigslist and have had great response!! I'm getting 3 to 1 hate mail to interested buyers. I've had 4 hate letters on my single cab and one on my '72 camper. What bothers me the most is how the people writing me about the SC keep telling me how much I paid for it($700), even though I got it in trade('74 Ghia). After looking the Samba over, there were only 4 Singles on there for less money and only one east of the Ol' Miss(Denton's). Am I asking more than what they're worth? Probably, but that doesn't mean I'll get that or expect that. I'd rather start high and let the tire kickers knock me down to a price I'm still happy with. I just can't believe how rude some of these jerks are. Just had to vent. Anyone else had similar experiences?

'64 T34 Ghia, '66 Beetle, '69 Westy, '73 Thing,
modified 72 ghia

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:30 pm    Post subject: yep Reply with quote

I did when I put the blue ghia on the samba for sale. All kinds of nasty things. That just makes me like our vw sight even better.
Jon
Site Admin

1969 Volkswagen Type 3

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are many 'experts' who just have to share their thoughts with you even though you didn't ask for them.

I find that it is worse on Craig's List. I guess because of the realitive anonymity. :evil:
69 Squareback
70 Fastback

63 Bug
Clyde

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had one really informative response when I was trying to sell that old Bus I had. But then I've had multiple rejections from "know it alls" too. It kind of balances out, I guess.

I don't mind being corrected if the person correcting me is looking out for my best interest, or the best interest of a VW. Unfortunately, that is not usually the case. Some people just need to feel like they're smarter than everyone else. They're insecure deep down inside. It's too bad..... It can make our hobby look bad to new people.

Clyde's Aircooled
(706) 206 6327
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AthensVWClub.com Forum Index -> General Chatter All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: