1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

June Camping Trip
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Johnny

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Daaammmnn---never realized it took that much work to get a camping trip together....and the meal situation is startin' to get funny Laughing I'll let you guys figure that out though--I'm just looking forward to getting there and sit by the lake with a fishing pole in one hand and a cold adult beverage in the other..... Cool
Tronview
Site Admin

1963 Volkswagen Beetle

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well guys and gals I agree things look over complicated but everything is real simple. We are just use to all the planning being done in the background not on the forum. The campground is reserved for us ( cost will be split between campers around $6 per person ) and the meals are set just come and have fun. The only planned meals are Saturday Breakfast (Bring something to share) and Saturday Supper (low Country Boil cost will be split between campers $10 per person ) everything else is up to you. Cost may very based on quanity of campers.

Duct tape is like 'The Force.' It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together.
71_georgia_beetle

1974 Volkswagen Westfalia

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FROM THE SOUTH - I-985 North to Hwy 23 North to Hwy 441 North. Approximately 2 miles north of Tallulah Falls turn right onto Historic Hwy 441. After 1 mile turn left onto the Lake Rabun Road and go 5 miles to the campground. It is located on the right side of the road. The Lake Rabun road skirts the northern shore of Lake Rabun. This is a winding narrow road.

AN ALTERNATE ROUTE that is more accessible for trailers is to take Hwy 441 North into Clayton. Turn left onto Hwy 76 West for 8 miles and then turn left onto Charlie Mountain Road. (There is a Mark's Marine at this corner.) Follow Charlie Mtn. road for 3 miles and turn right onto Bridge Creek Road. (This is a T-intersection.) Go three miles and turn left onto Seed Lake Road. (Another T-intersection with a Georgia Power Land Office across from the intersection.) Drive approximately 5 miles and the campground is on your left. (This route is a little longer, but provides wider roads and is easier to negotiate with trailers.)

FROM THE NORTH you would take Hwy 441 South out of Clayton for 5 miles and turn right onto the West Wiley Connector and go .25 miles to the stop sign. Turn left onto Historic Hwy 441 and travel 1.5 miles to the Lake Rabun Road. Then follow the rest of the directions for traveling from the south. (The alternate directions above also apply.)

For the GPS volks, they use this as an address (5320 Lake Rabun Rd, Lakemont, GA 30552, USA) but it doesn't show it near the lake but this is the closest to an actual street address as they can get.
Call me if I need you!
jimbear

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:20 pm    Post subject: better late than never... Reply with quote

Hey folks. I'll definately be up Friday night and out around 9:30 in the AM on Saturday...shotgun trip. It will be my wife, myself, and our youngset. We are picking my oldest up at the YWCO camp on the other side of Rabun Gap on Saturday morn and we need to be back in Athens early Saturday evening. So, see you Friday around dinner time! I'll check out the meals thread and see what's happening for Friday dinner and Saturday breakfast... I look forward to meting folks as I have probably not met most of ya...
Sapp67

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like I'll be pulling in sometime around dark on Friday. It'll be just me, the wife has other plans. I always seem to be setting up camp when the sun goes down. (I was about to say pitch a tent Very Happy )

67 Beetle (stripped)
67 Beetle
63 Beetle
jimbear

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:41 pm    Post subject: Who has a bus? Reply with quote

Who will be bus camping?
71_georgia_beetle

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Who has a bus? Reply with quote

jimbear wrote:
Who will be bus camping?
I know Teddy "Treehive" will be and if there are black bears my ass will be shacked up in a Westy as well.
Call me if I need you!
Treehive

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Em, myself, and two dogs will be shacked up in my bus, but I don't think I'll be arriving until Sat morning. I'll try to make it Friday night.......it's not too hard to pop the top in the dark Cool

"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows"

74 Westy
Tanner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me and Di and our two retrievers will be nesting in the camper. I say nesting because the dogs are shedding so much they leave giant nests wherever they lay down. Somebody bring scissors in case we have to be cut out in the morning...
Joe

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll see ya'll this evening.
72 Bus
68 Single Cab
71_georgia_beetle

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jenn is trying to leave around 2ish so that should have us there around 5. But then again with the wind resistance from the mile high mound of shit on the roof rack it might be 10 or 11.
Call me if I need you!
Johnny

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't speak for everyone.but,I had a blast--Good to see every one again and nice to meet the ones I've only seen on here--- Cool
71_georgia_beetle

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnny I concur. We had an awesome time and thanks to Joe we slept well. Maybe we can get one or two more in before the season ends. I'd like to do some lake camping.

Thanks again everyone. I love to camp and you can't beat camping with good company.
Call me if I need you!
Tronview
Site Admin

1963 Volkswagen Beetle

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Christi and I had a great time and Joe's low country boil was superb. We can't wait till the next camping trip. We must do this again.

Duct tape is like 'The Force.' It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together.
Treehive

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Em and I had a great time! It was great meeting everyone.......That 4 hour game of boche ball was kick ass Very Happy

"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows"

74 Westy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AthensVWClub.com Forum Index -> Meetings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: