85%  [ 6 ]
Bad
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 7

Tronview
Site Admin

1963 Volkswagen Beetle

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:45 am    Post subject: June Camping Trip Meals Reply with quote

How does this sound for a Camping trip meals.

Friday Night ( bring your own Meals and Beverages )

Saturday Breakfast ( Pot Luck Everybody brings something to share. Bring your own Beverages )

Saturday Lunch ( Bring your own Meals and Beverages )

Saturday Dinner ( Low Country boil Cooked by the A.T.V.W Club. cost per plate will be listed later. ) Bring your own Beverages

Sunday Breakfast ( Bring your own Meals and Beverages ) Or maybe a cruise to a local restaurant.

If this sound good for everybody more details will come.
We are currently looking at 20+ Members

Duct tape is like 'The Force.' It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together.

Last edited by Tronview on Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:54 am; edited 2 times in total
Tronview
Site Admin

1963 Volkswagen Beetle

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Treehive wrote:
I'll chip in on food for everybody.........since Scott doesn't sleep maybe he has time to coordinate a list so we don't double or triple up on ingredients Razz ........I mean, now that the reservation is taken care of, what else is he going to do with his time Very Happy (just messin wit ya Scotty), but seriously, what items (beside shrimp) are needed for this boil you are talking about

ps

Hey everybody! I'm Ted (by the way).......hopefully I'll be meeting some of yall at the next meeting, but definitely at the campout Very Happy

We need potatos,corn,sausage,shrimp and or crawfish and crab boil

Duct tape is like 'The Force.' It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together.
Tronview
Site Admin

1963 Volkswagen Beetle

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just talked to Joe. He needs to know how many people are going to be eating the Boil. So he can figure out how much supplies needs to be purchased. Remember the ingrediance that go into a boil include potatos,corn,sausage,shrimp and or crawfish, crab boil and much more.

Joe

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm riding up next week for meeting. I should know about the boil by then. I got a contact that might be able to give me a deal. Cool
72 Bus
68 Single Cab
Joe

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the boil

I got 10lbs. of extra large shmp, 10lbs. of sausage, 48 ears of corn, 8lbs of potatos and the crab boil.

I will see ya'll Sunday to see if we need more. Cool
72 Bus
68 Single Cab

Last edited by Joe on Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Clyde

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang Joe! I've got a full stomach, and you're making my mouth water!

Clyde's Aircooled
(706) 206 6327
Joe

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I picked up 5 more lbs. of shrimp and sausage today. If anyone can find some crawfish, we need about 5 lbs. I can't find any down here. Cool
72 Bus
68 Single Cab
71_georgia_beetle

1974 Volkswagen Westfalia

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe wrote:
I picked up 5 more lbs. of shrimp and sausage today. If anyone can find some crawfish, we need about 5 lbs. I can't find any down here. Cool

Crawfish season begins around January, peaks in April and May and ends in late June. Might be hard to find. There are flooded pond farms that carry them all year round but the quality, ehhhhhhhhhh! I've got a little coon ass in the family. Laisser les bons temps rouler!
Call me if I need you!
jimbear

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:25 pm    Post subject: Breafast on Saturday... Reply with quote

Anybody wanna co-cordinate breakfast...? I would be happy to do the cooking if folks would pitch in with food and prep. I could bring a dozen eggs, butter, and hash browns for around 6-8 folks. I'll have wheat bread , peanut butter, and wheat bread as well. I have a two burner stove, my two cast irons, and a bread toasting unit for the stove. Anyone care to chime in?
71_georgia_beetle

1974 Volkswagen Westfalia

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Breafast on Saturday... Reply with quote

jimbear wrote:
Anybody wanna co-cordinate breakfast...? I would be happy to do the cooking if folks would pitch in with food and prep. I could bring a dozen eggs, butter, and hash browns for around 6-8 folks. I'll have wheat bread , peanut butter, and wheat bread as well. I have a two burner stove, my two cast irons, and a bread toasting unit for the stove. Anyone care to chime in?

Hey Jimbear that's a nice offer for those with limited camping goods. I have everything packed and bought for my wife, my rug rat and myself. I'm bringing a spare 2 man dome for storage and I'll have extra room if anyone needs a place to store tent bags, coolers, packing goods, etc.
Call me if I need you!
Tanner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're bringing a pack of flour tortillas (about 15), a jar of salsa, two bags of shredded cheese and a package of bacon to add to the breakfast. Probably a few other things...
Tronview
Site Admin

1963 Volkswagen Beetle

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:18 am    Post subject: Re: Breafast on Saturday... Reply with quote

jimbear wrote:

Hey Jim

We were currently telling people to just bring a breakfest dish to share with everybody that morning. Something like a potluck breakfest. I was currently planning on fixing some grits and maybe bacon for everyone. I think co-cordinating breakfest is a good idea. If anyone is not sure what they want to bring for there dish. Just bring eggs, bacon, or toast. and the ones of use with grills will cook it. Other cooking supplies are welcome, milk, butter, salt, pepper, ect.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AthensVWClub.com Forum Index -> Meetings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: