1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
1 1 1
1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

AirCooled Addicts Meets

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AthensVWClub.com Forum Index -> Shows and Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
71_georgia_beetle

1974 Volkswagen Westfalia

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:55 pm    Post subject: AirCooled Addicts Meets Reply with quote

Before I found Athens VW I signed up with Gwinnett VW and they merged with AirCooled Addicts and I became an automatic member so I still get their emails. Here is an email I got just in case we wanted to mingle with the Gwinnett folks. I know the first date is out because of Volkstock but we might make the latter.

Quote:
O.K. everybody, here is what I have planned for August. We are going to have 2 meets this month and since it is so hot these will both be late afternoon and evening meets. That way it will be a little cooler.

First will be August 2nd. We will meet at Discover Mills in front of Bass Pro Shops and take a short cruise over to Keswick Park in Chamblee right off Peachtree Industrial Blvd. They are doing "movie under the stars" and it is free to go see. The movie will be Goonies and it will be starting at dark. Again this is free and a short trip but should be fun.We will meet between 7 and 7:30 and leave to go to the park at 7:30. I will send out a reminder later.

Second event will be the 3rd Sat. which is the 16th. This will also be a late afternoon and evening meet. We will meet at Discover Mills then cruise to Stone Mountain. We will do a picnic dinner on the lawn and stay to watch the Laser Show. I'm not sure on the times for this yet but will let everybody know as the time gets closer. Everybody will bring there own dinner and blankets and we will set up there on the Lawn for "chow time". After dinner we will relax and watch the Laser Show. This is an anniversary year so it is supposed to be really good this year. I hope everybody will be able to make these two events and I can't wait to see you all again.

God bless,

Gary

Call me if I need you!
jmsmilin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im wondering where exactly do they meet and do you guys go? Isnt it at a Sonic in ATL area? An addy would be helpful.
Attorney Isaiah Loophole

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The aircooled addicts usually start at discover mills and then cruise to where they are going.

We are the aircooled airheads and we meet at the sonic in mcdonough ga. The address is posted on the ga dubs forum.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AthensVWClub.com Forum Index -> Shows and Events All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: