1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
1 1 1
1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

lending a helping hand

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AthensVWClub.com Forum Index -> General Chatter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
modified 72 ghia

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:34 pm    Post subject: lending a helping hand Reply with quote

Hey folks, I have a friend that could use our help. He is a fellow v-dubber and some of you may remember him from the Stone Mountain kg show. He had the ghia with the surf board attached and he also had some parts for sale. His name is Andy and I have kept in touch with him as I am going to buy the ghia nose to go on my car. In my conversations with him I have found out that his 11 yo daughter has scoliosis (?) pretty bad. She is going to be in Burmingham in Nov to have some steel pins placed in her back to try to straighten her back. Andy is in the construction business and we all know how that is. I was thinking of taking up some money at our next club meet and take to him. If you can help thats fine, I know if it were me I sure would appreciate it.

See Jon at the meet this weekend. Thanks to all ya'll

Ron
scott

1968 Volkswagen Beetle

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gia and i will chip in !!! Very Happy
modified 72 ghia

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:17 am    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote

Hey man I appreciate that and I know they will too.
modified 72 ghia

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:31 pm    Post subject: andy Reply with quote

Ok here is some more information. The gentlemans name is Andy Danforth. His daughter is Emily. She is scheduled to have surgery at UAB on the 24th of November. They are going to put some steel pins in her spine. Dont know about ya'll but that hurts just talking about it. Anyway, if you want to donate, give your money or checks to Jon (btw thanks Jon) and I will take the tatol amount to him on the 17th. Thanks for everything, you guys are great.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AthensVWClub.com Forum Index -> General Chatter All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: