1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
1 1 1
1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

Type II Pickup

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AthensVWClub.com Forum Index -> General Chatter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bruce Jacobs

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:44 pm    Post subject: Type II Pickup Reply with quote

Hello all! I'm new here. Just bought a 1965 Beetle to restore. I haven't had one in more than 20 years! Most men go for more HP in their mid-life car. Anyway, I'm anxious to look and learn and listen, and get reacquainted with the Compleat Idiot book. Hoping to get to some of the meet ups, too.

I spotted a very old Type II pickup sitting in a field south of Sandersville on Hwy. 15. I assume it's for sale. I didn't get a good look at it, or a number to call or anything. Might be that the faded yellow paint is all that's holding it together. I can't recall if it's a single- or double- cab.

I should have stopped, out of curiousity. This kind of project would likely be over my head, but I thought there might be someone here who is interested. Just don't go driving all the way down there expecting much.

I go that way from time to time on my way to Savannah -- next time I'll stop and report what I find.

Bruce
modified 72 ghia

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:09 am    Post subject: u Reply with quote

Welcome Bruce. I have found that there is somebody here who can answer just about all your questions. If you cant get an answer just ask for Jon, he's the man.

Ron
R1C powdercoating
Bob F

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that's the one thats been for sale for some time. It has some surface rust but generally looks pretty solid. The bed is in good shape. I don't know much of the specifics.
74 Thing (in progress)
74 SB
76 Westy P22 (Arizona Bus)
scott

1968 Volkswagen Beetle

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome to the club bruce- hope you can make out to the next meeting- how is your 65 coming along-is it stock or -cal -look or ?

later, scott
massive 79 vert

1979 Volkswagen Super Beetle

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jake and I are heading to Savannah next weekend...we'll have to stop by and take a look at it.
Bruce Jacobs

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks you all for the warm welcome.

I just got the '65 Beetle about two weeks ago and since that outlay haven't done much with it. Runs nice, Blue/White two-tone, black 8 spokes. Looks like someone gave it a slight Cal-look a while back. If you are in the Athens area you may have seen it around. I'm hoping to return it to stock-like condition, but not a show car per se. I don't want to be afraid to drive it from time to time!

Runs great but needs a tune-up. Also needs floor pans, interior, paint, and a bazillion other things I haven't thought of or discovered yet.

I would be interested to hear what the Type II pickup I mentioned looks like up close. Again, it might be a total loss for all I know. If you were heading toward Savannah on Hwy. 15, it would be past Sandersville, and just past Tennille, on the left.

Bruce
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AthensVWClub.com Forum Index -> General Chatter All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: