1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
1 1 1
1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

2nd Annual Athens VW Club/ RAT Tech Day March 27 & 28th
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AthensVWClub.com Forum Index -> Shows and Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MintyBus

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crap! Posted a long diatribe earlier and lost it in cyberspace. I type stupid slow.

Greatest thanks to Jake, Beth, and the RAT crew for the generous hospitality. I was raised in South Georgia where wild boar are shot in the front yard for sport...and population thinning, of course. Never ate any before but it was great!

Couldn't drive back Sunday as Minty was not fit for travel. Damn solid throttle cable. I made one out of wire rope and it works great but another problem with the pedal linkage was discovered that prevented repair before sundown. Rust is a bitch.

I'll post on how to make a nice, properly flexible throttle cable in the tech forum as soon as I get enough time to type it up. It's seriously simple.

Sam
Mountain Power House

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We wondered where you ended up yesterday.. The solid throttle cables aren't very compliant.
66 Bug -The Plague Returns!
73 VW Thing (Will I ever finish it?)
73 Superbeetle (Suby Power!)
76 Porsche 912E (X3!)
79 VW Iltis 4X4
cavediver520

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to Jake and Beth for your hospitality. I had a great time and learned a lot. Jakes knowledge of these engines are beyond belief. I look forward to next years event. Thanks again.
modified 72 ghia

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:39 pm    Post subject: u Reply with quote

I had a great time. Jake and Beth ya'll do it right. food was great. I eat my share of the hog. Thanks Jake for the help on the carbs, ran pretty good on the way home. Cant wait til next year.
Sapp67

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, y'all! We had blast as usual! Where else can you find an action filled weekend like this for a bunch of gearheads? There was a ton of projects going on... disc brake conversion, dual circuit master cylinder conversion, exhaust upgrade, checking for flat cam lobes, throw out bearing repair, intake leak repair, convertible top replacement, grading, limber cutting,retaining wall building, chassis dyno tuning out the wazoo, engine dyno tuning, pig eatin', shit shootin', beer drinking, hammering on a funky exhaust system, four wheeling in a Swiss Army truck, ....hell there was even a parade! There is no other place on earth like Aircooled Heaven! That's my kinda Disney!

Bender? Don't enough (k)no(w) her!

67 Beetle (stripped)
67 Beetle
63 Beetle
Greg

1969 Volkswagen Beetle

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait! you guys took the miltary truck for a spin. Dang, I knew I left too early.
Mountain Power House

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sapp67 wrote:
Thanks, y'all! We had blast as usual! Where else can you find an action filled weekend like this for a bunch of gearheads? There was a ton of projects going on... disc brake conversion, dual circuit master cylinder conversion, exhaust upgrade, checking for flat cam lobes, throw out bearing repair, intake leak repair, convertible top replacement, grading, limber cutting,retaining wall building, chassis dyno tuning out the wazoo, engine dyno tuning, pig eatin', shit shootin', beer drinking, hammering on a funky exhaust system, four wheeling in a Swiss Army truck, ....hell there was even a parade! There is no other place on earth like Aircooled Heaven! That's my kinda Disney!

Bender? Don't enough (k)no(w) her!

Too funny!!
Next year we'll have to add some shooting exercises to the line up! I am putting a firing range next to the new shop :-)
66 Bug -The Plague Returns!
73 VW Thing (Will I ever finish it?)
73 Superbeetle (Suby Power!)
76 Porsche 912E (X3!)
79 VW Iltis 4X4
Jon
Site Admin

1969 Volkswagen Type 3

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This weekend was a blast. It was a great 1.5 day vacation. Beth's bar-b-Que and Pookie's Boar were some really good eatin. Very Happy

Saturday was full of cars gettin fixed and good times just hanging out, but the best part of the day had to be the snore- fest that came that night. Everyone blamed the other guy for snoring the loudest and I have my own thoughts on that, but I'm sure all the woodland creatures ran far,far away when they heard all that awful noise. Twisted Evil

On Sunday those of us that remained started the day with a breakfast of biscuits that were as big as the plate. (they were good too) Then we put my bus engine on the engine dyno and Jake got it running happily. (sorry about filling the dyno room with remains of a rat nest! Rolling Eyes )

Thanks again Jake and Beth! I'm looking forward to next year's event already. Exclamation
69 Squareback
70 Fastback

63 Bug
Johnny

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Want to thank Jake and Beth for the great week-end at RAT.
Had a great time hanging around with everyone .
And the food was fantastic.
Looking forward to the next visit.

Oh...and for the record......Jon was the loudest Saturday night.... Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AthensVWClub.com Forum Index -> Shows and Events All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: