1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
1 1 1
1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

How's your mom and nem?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AthensVWClub.com Forum Index -> General Chatter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seca

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:59 pm    Post subject: How's your mom and nem? Reply with quote

Found this forum a couple of months ago and just now got around to joining. Was looking for fellow bug owners to hang out with. I did find that allaroundrestos.com is right around the corner from me. Joey seam to be a pretty cool guy. I have a 76 bettle that my grandfather built about 23 years ago. It started out as a hard top that he chopped and made a coupe. He owned a VW shop in DesMoines for ever called Jerry's Bug Shoppe. When he passed away my father got his 76 bug and (pardon the pun) got the bug to start building his own. He bought a sweet chopped 69 bug with suicide doors ( i will get pics). He started finishing it then sold it. Now I have the 76 bug my grandfather built and my father has a '70 auto stick in we found in Sugarhill for $500 in great shape. It was completley torn apart for resto. He also has a '70 rat rod he is working on. My wife drives a '98 TDI bug (have only seen a few TDI's). We are a bug family. I am mechanically inclined but know very very little about bugs. I am looking forward to asking newbie questions and getting the "use the search funtion" reply. I see there is a meet at Loco's on the 17th. I am planning on being there.

Jon
Site Admin

1969 Volkswagen Type 3

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forums! You'll get no 'use the search' here. Ask away, we'll be glad to answer any questions. Nice looking bug.

Jon
69 Squareback
70 Fastback

63 Bug
Seca

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are our others....

Here is the bug my dad sold ...it made me sick...I wanted this bug bad...

Here is mine with the top on... keep in mind everyting except the tires is over 20 years old...

Here is the rat rod...

This is a bug my grandfather ordered a bit before he passed away. It is marked as the 20 million(s) bug.

This is how we found our other '70 bug. the guy lives in Sugarhill and did a fantastic job labeling everything when taking it apart.

serprice

1974 Volkswagen Beetle

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That black vert is freakin sick dude! Awsome!
scott

1968 Volkswagen Beetle

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:25 am    Post subject: sweet Reply with quote

rat rod is cool!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AthensVWClub.com Forum Index -> General Chatter All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: