1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
1 1 1
1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

What's the one that got away?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AthensVWClub.com Forum Index -> General Chatter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mopel1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:43 pm    Post subject: What's the one that got away? Reply with quote

Okay, just to stir up some convo and stories, what is the one VW that you've owned and wish you still had today?

Mine........Jon's '68 Singlecab.

Just kidding.
Mine would definately be the '64 "rolled" single cab. I think everyone knows the story of its demise, yet life goes on for her. After the wreck I traded it to Joey for work on Christina's Thing. Joey then, in turn, traded it to Lindy Harrell. I just got word from Lindy that he's gotten it straighten out and put a new cab roof on it. Supposedly he's taking it to Interjam(?). I can't wait to see what he's done with it. I'm still amazed that the little tin roof, though thoroughly mangled, didn't totally crunch down. Good German Steel.

Alright, let's hear it........

'64 T34 Ghia, '66 Beetle, '69 Westy, '73 Thing,
69 KG

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, I am still pissed about this one.
Last Wednesday morning I called a guy just outside Birmingham about his post on the Samba Tuesday night. Listed was a White 69 Automatic Squareback with A/C ,about 55K in OG miles, looked great and very complete for $2650 OBO.
I told him that I was coming from Atlanta and did I need a trailer?
"Oh no, it will make the drive to Atlanta." He then tells how that his aunt bought it new and that she rarely drove it and now it was his , that he always wanted it, but he lost his job and ...etc...
By now, I telling him that I am on the way as soon as I get a rider/driver to go with...
"oh hang on, the guy standing right here sez he'll take it "

AAAAARRRRRUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGHHHHH Mad Mad
Seca

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how about the one you let go away on purpose...? Driving from Canton back home today on 20 I see a red and white 69 bug for sale. I whip into the parking lot to see two guys working on the engine. It would barely run. The interior looked ok and so did the paint but you can tell it was a very cheap paint job. I ask how much and he tells me 7200 but the owner might let it go for 6900. He said I will text him and ask. I told him "never mind". I have seen way better bugs for way less than that. I was on my way to a meeting or I would have taken a picture and tried to get more info for laughs.

btw - this is the one i wish didnt get away...

scott

1968 Volkswagen Beetle

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I was in Cali-I was the second owner of a 65-beetle- faded red-with very good interterior "little ole lady from Hollywood had it" still 6volt all stock i got it for $2500. had it for almost a year and Gia I decided to move to GA. I sold it for 2500.00 AND got a 4x4 bronco. Dang it I kick myself everyday-oh well-another will be found !!
laith

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Auriga kit car. Looked at it in Gainesville, FL and passed on it because it seemed like too much money. Same car ended up in Augusta and I passed on it again because the timing wasn't right/I had too many projects. Haven't seen another for sale since.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AthensVWClub.com Forum Index -> General Chatter All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: